zen calligraffiti is AweSoMeee


So I was bored and playing around on google images looking at different types of font because I think art through the form of words is so cool and interesting. Anyways I came across this picture of what seemed to be a word but I couldn't quite understand what it meant because the lines were so intricate and detailed that the letters formed into one another. I looked into it more and found out it was called zen calligraffiti. It made sense that it was calligraphy and graffiti combined. I thought that concept of combining some form of writing that has been around for so long with a pop culture sort of type of writing was awweeesssoommme. Anways I wanted to share my find with you all because I L-O-V-EEEE art.

3 comments:

Taylor D. said...

The suspense is killer. Did you ever find out what it says? This is really cool stuff though. Do you do any calligraphy/graffiti (legally, of course) yourself?

chiKa said...

I bought calligraphy pens the other day haha because I totally want to learn how to do that type of thing. I still don't know what it means thought which I think is kinda cool only the artist knows it makes it more personal.

laurax said...

that's awesome. the two different styles put together-- seems pretty postmodern to me seeing as this person has taken two already existing art forms and combined them to make something new. for some reason that picture reminds me of black light art work-- i think this would look pretty cool if it was done to go with a black light

Post a Comment