Brinner- My New Favorite Meal(s?)

What is brinner, you may ask? Simply put, it is a combination of dinner and breakfast. You eat it at dinnertime, but you have things like pancakes and french toast instead of hamburgers. It is definitely a twist on a regular dinner.

I was first introduced to the idea of brinner on an episode of Scrubs. Turk, one of the main characters, was begging his wife Carla to make him brinner for their anniversary dinner. I made brinner for my dorm the other day and it was fantastic. I decided to make pancakes, and in case you want to give it a try, here is my dad's "famous" pancake recipe. They are delicious! Enjoy!

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4
teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Combine in another bowl:
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
(1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)

Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients and pour onto a hot griddle. Flip when the entire side is covered in bubbles.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE pancakes and am always looking for ways that steer me away from the good ol' Bisquick. So thank you for sharing!

James said...

excellent recipe I also have sworn off the bisquik but pancakes are hard to make. Too watery or too dry seem to be my destiny.

Post a Comment