"Permeating Poetry"

Ok so I have been working on a style of poetry that I like to call 'permeating poetry', where the poem itself gives off this spreading-like feeling to the reader, even though the meaning is obvious. I attempt to do this by using couplets and (strategically placed) breaks, which proved to be better later even though I was skeptical at first. It may take a couple of times before you get what I'm talking about, only because you have to kind of find that flow in the reading as you go, which means read it out-loud if you so choose to read it at all...enjoy.


I See You, Day
-by Travis Barbour

I see you. I see you
Day. I see you through
The dying night, the moon
Hiding in the horizon, sewn
Under the break of Dawn;
Collecting dew, the leaves have drawn,
Swaying delicately in the breeze
Amongst the colored trees
That paint a portrait proud
And cheer the autumn loud,
For me. Here a new
Day breaks; the fortunate few
Who wake to greet it,
Take on the morning bit
By bit and find me
Standing quietly. A plea
(To which I rather enjoy)
Makes the daylong ploy
Worthwhile. Forever
Will the natural endeavor
Bring tears to my eyes,
And in great merriment, lies
Beneath the sun. Oh
Knowing Mother Earth stow
Your beauty in the minds
Of those who wish to find
Peace again. For when
The time comes in trend
That this joyous day will
End, and all the world ill
Of night will call, in
Unison, for a new day to begin.


"Cheers."
-Chucho

0 comments:

Post a Comment