Moving Essay Frustration

Just to follow up on my moving essay frustrations...

Making a second project on eating disorders has really helped me find the closure I've been searching for. During my junior year in high school I made a short film on my struggle with EDs and that helped, but during my senior year I had a sort of "relapse" if you will and began bingeing and purging. While I only did that from time to time, I still felt so horrible about letting myself fall back into such bad habits. Making this moving essay has really helped me to definitively say that I am beautiful, no matter what dress size I wear. Thanks to those who posted comments- it really means a lot.

- Katie

4 comments:

casey x. starnes said...

Yeah, mad bonus points for tackling a personal topic. Thats always been a draw to writing for me, what I mean is confronting personal issues. It took me the longest time to actually put myself (my writing) out there for everyone to see, but once I did I discovered that there are a lot of people out there who appreciate what I have to say and can connect with it too. The ultimate test of a writer is showing the world your work. Anyone can write, but not everyone has the courage to share it with the world. So big ups to you Katie, you really conquered something.

Lindsey said...

You are incredibly strong for writing about something that is so personal to you. My topic wasn't anywhere near as intense as yours and I still got a little emotional making it. Stay strong!

Taylor D. said...

This is amazing to see. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to confront these kinds of issues in my own life, but I'm sure that your moving essay will help me (and all of us) understand better. It's awesome that this helped you put that behind you and move forward. I hope more people can follow your example of opening up to the class.

Katie Inglese said...

You guys are awesome :) It's really great to have people I barely know support me in something so huge. You have no idea how amazing you all are to me!

Post a Comment